We are in the third week of Lent. By now the cravings of the things we are abstaining from have calmed down, and it can be tempting to put on autopilot until Easter. But this is a good time to reflect on the promises we have made for the season of Lent, and it’s not too late to redouble our efforts on those promises.
Lent is an awesome time where we can truly reach within ourselves and focus on our spiritual development. We can almost go into a “secular hibernation” and give ourselves the time to examine our goals and dreams. This March is a perfect time for this examination, especially with the winter weather – it’s easy to cocoon away.
March 2017 Family Goals
– continue our Lenten promises
– spring clean our home
– begin this 54 day novena to Mother Mary in honor of the 100th anniversary of her apparition at Fatima
– make macarons inspired by our trip to Paris
– finish the book Hold On To Your Kids
– compile our Easter Day menus
– finish watching the The Everyday Gourmet classes together
– establish a post-Daylight Savings routine
– plan what to plant in this year’s little garden
– make these Irish Tacos for Saint Patrick’s Day
– M & C
Listen to the latest
Tune into the Finding Philothea Podcast where my husband, Mike, and I share the mercy, beauty, and joy of a life lived for Christ.