We are so excited for this month of November! We are thrilled for Peter to experience his first Thanksgiving and Advent! It is fun to plan and to create our own traditions together as a family of three.
After so much travel for the past few months, we really want to create a good routine for ourselves this November. It feels like we have been non-stop since moving from Maryland to New York this past April. We only have one trip planned this month and we are so excited for it! We are having a family retreat with the Franciscan priest who celebrated our marriage Mass. We plan to spend this month together, enjoying one another, our family, and friends.
Peter turns six months on Thanksgiving Day! We are going to give him his first solid food that day, and we cannot wait! We will be spending our Thanksgiving with relatives and we are so excited for our extended family to see him! He has been so active lately – rolling, backward crawling, and jumping in his bouncer! It is amazing to see him develop and grow. This time of year is so special, and we desire to instill in him a sense of gratitude that the holiday of Thanksgiving merits. We know we can always grow in wonder and gratitude and pray that these virtues grow within ourselves so that we may better share them with Peter!
November 2016 Family Goals
– film more family videos
– donate some Thanksgiving food items for families in need
– make this pie for Thanksgiving
– fast from meat on Fridays
– pray the Divine Office Evening Prayer together during Advent
– plan our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (activities, services, and meals)
– make our Christmas gifts for family and friends
– stick to our month’s budget
– practice patience with ourselves and with others
– exercise at least five times a week for a half hour
– M & C
Listen to the latest
Tune into the Finding Philothea Podcast where my husband, Mike, and I share the mercy, beauty, and joy of a life lived for Christ.