How is it July already? And how is Peter thirteen months old? Where is this year going? We are thrilled for all that this month of July has in store for us! We are so excited to celebrate the Fourth of July, go on our trip to Italy, spend time with our family who will be visiting later this month, and go on a few beach day trips in Canada!
We love the long, warm summer days. Peter is such a summer baby! He has grown so much this past month. He is talking more, and “dada, mama, quack, choo-choo (train), and moo” are his favorite words. Every morning after breakfast, cleanup, and prayer time, we go through his flashcards together. He loves them! He separates them into different piles and arranges them into categories. It is such a joy to witness a baby learn a language! He seriously is the sweetest person. He is always waving to everyone and to everything! If a car drives by he waves after it and smiles! He is constantly melting our hearts.
One thing we are so excited for this month is all the fresh, ripe, seasonal food! This month we are berry picking, peach pie making, and vegetable grilling! Summer meals and desserts are so fun to make together – we love the fresh, intense flavors and ingredients we get to use! We cannot wait to share some of our favorite summer recipes with you throughout the next few weeks.
Mike started a new job this past week and is really enjoying it. So many people have been praying for him these past few weeks (thank you!), and we really see everyone’s prayers coming to fruition. Talking about prayer, we just started going to a spiritual director this past month and we cannot recommend it enough. Our life has changed in such a beautiful way – the peace that we are experiencing because of it is incredible! It is so important to receive objective, tangible advice and guidance to help us grow in our faith and relationships. It truly is changing our life in drastic, powerful ways!
We hope your July is beautiful, rejuvenating, and fun! We would love to hear what your goals, dreams, and desires are this month. Know of our prayers for you. Please message or e-mail us any intentions you want us t0 bring in prayer with us to Italy!
July 2017 Family Goals
– celebrate July 4th in a fun way with Peter
– pack, prepare, and go on our trip to Italy
– take some time to look and fill in important upcoming dates in our calendar
– visit some beaches in Canada
– grow our family
– go peach picking (we LOVE peach season!)
– discuss our yearly goals for Finding Philothea (it will be a year in August since we started!)
– pack for our move into the convent house this August
– make these gorgeous looking brownies
– maintain our morning prayer routine (when the alarm goes off we pray a morning offering together, then we each take five minutes to pray alone with Christ- it is the best way to start our day!)
– M & C
Listen to the latest
Tune into the Finding Philothea Podcast where my husband, Mike, and I share the mercy, beauty, and joy of a life lived for Christ.