Peter turned eleven months old yesterday! We cannot believe he will be one year old next month! Peter is so full of life and love, he truly is our greatest joy. It has been amazing to see him change and grow over the past eleven months.
This past weekend I was talking to my aunt about how much I love Peter. He has been constantly on our mind and in our heart from the moment we found out I was pregnant! It is difficult to put into words how deeply and profoundly he has changed our lives. We made a list together of eleven things we love about our sweet eleven month old, and wanted to share it with you!
- We love the sound of Peter’s laughter. A year ago, we couldn’t even dream up how beautiful his laugh would be – now it is our favorite sound!
- We love how exploratory he is. We know Peter won’t remember all our little adventures we bring him on, but we know that it is allowing him to explore and see our beautiful world!
- We love how focused and determined Peter is when he plays.
- We love when he gives us kisses. It seriously is the best! He wraps his little arms around our neck and opens his mouth wide and gently presses it (wide open!) on our cheek!
- We love how much he loves to read, and the specific giggle he has when we open his favorite books.
- We love when Peter listens to music – especially Pink Martini and Raffi. He starts dancing, waving, and singing out sounds. It is the cutest!
- We love how much he is talking and babbling. A few weeks ago he said “mamma” for the first time. We were listening to the Sound of Music soundtrack in the car and he yelled out “mamma!”. I didn’t think I could love Julie Andrews more!
- We love his eight little teeth! They are growing in more, and his smile is so endearing!
- We love watching him play with his cousins. Peter’s two older cousins came to visit us last week, and it was adorable seeing the three of them play together.
- We love seeing how much joy Peter brings to others. This past weekend we brought him to our aunt’s parish dinner at her church. So many people gathered around Peter and you could see the joy radiating from them after encountering him!
- We love how beautiful our past eleven months have been because of Peter Karol. Our days our fuller and brighter with him in our life.
– M & C