February has been wonderful so far, and we cannot wait to see what this remaining week has in store for our family. Our focus this month is to transition into life after the Whole30, something that consumed us for the entirety of January. This includes slowly re-introducing foods back into our diet, meal planning, and taking the time to see what foods we are sensitive to. Since the Whole30 took up so much of our day, we are focusing on spending quality time with each other. We have had some amazing dates this month, and have a couple more planned this last week!
Peter turns nine months in three days! He is incredibly exploratory and is so close to walking! This is one of our favorite ages yet. He makes us laugh so hard and melts our hearts multiple times each day! He has such a beautiful personality – he is so joyful, he is our little best friend!
February 2017 Family Goals
– go on more dates and spend more quality time together
– work daily on PhD (Mike)
– prepare our hearts and minds for Lent by attending the Sacrament of Confession, deciding what to fast from, and reflecting on what devotions to include for the Season
– arrive at Mass a few minutes early each Sunday to take time to quiet our hearts and pray
– read a chapter from ‘The Choice Wine‘ every night together
– eliminate dairy from our diet (through the Whole30 we discovered that dairy is the cause of Peter’s eczema)
– create and follow a meal plan each week
– work out three times a week
– practice calligraphy twice each week (Claire)
– make this homemade strawberry ice-cream together
– M & C