May is one of our favorite months of the year! This May is incredibly special because we are celebrating Peter’s first birthday! We have been reminiscing about Peter’s birth and how that time was so precious and beautiful. This year as a family of three has brought a lot of change and we have grown together in faith and love. We have recently started talking about growing our family and we are so excited!
This month we are focusing on Peter in a special way. We will be planning and celebrating his first birthday, and working together to establishing strong eating habits for him. We have been talking about the important lessons of health, beauty, and simplicity a garden offers and we cannot wait to create Peter’s first little porch garden together as a family this month!
Our month of May is filled with other exciting things, too. We are looking forward to celebrating Claire’s first Mother’s Day, having a family photo shoot with the photographer who captured our engagement pictures, and running in our city’s half marathon! We are also planning our trip to Burlington, Vermont in early June. It is our first night without Peter since he was born! Please share with us any recommendations you have of sites to see, restaurants to eat at, or places to stay! We pray your May is blessed. What are your goals and dreams for this month?
May 2017 Monthly Goals
– successfully train for and complete the Buffalo Half Marathon (Claire)
– choose a theme, prepare, and shop for Peter’s first birthday
– celebrate first Mother’s Day in a special way
– wean Peter completely by his first birthday
– plan our trip to Vermont
– plant our porch herb garden
– work on PhD every Wednesday and Saturday (Mike)
– find a wooden toy kitchen set for Peter
– attend daily Mass
– make this Soupe au Pistou
– M & C