Yield roughly 50 meatballs (about 7 servings)
For a printable version of this recipe, click here.
2.5 pounds ground chuck beef
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs, preferably organic
1 tablespoon mustard (we use this kind)
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup heavy cream
- Turn on grill to obtain temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a six quart bowl.
- Using your hands, blend ingredients together.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon portions of the meat mixture and form into balls.
- Working in batches, place meatballs on grill.
- Cook meatballs, turning them occasionally to brown all sides, about 5-7 minutes total.
- Place cooked meatballs in freezer for 30 minutes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Remove frozen meatballs from freezer and divide them into freezer bags, returning them to the freezer.
- To prepare for a meal, lower frozen meatballs into simmering sauce and cook for fifteen minutes. Serve alone or with pasta. These meatballs last in freezer for six months.