We have always loved new beginnings and we are so excited to see what this New Year brings! 2016 was an incredible year – Peter was born in May, we became parents, and we moved from Maryland to New York to be closer to family and friends. There also were a few difficult moments throughout this past year, situations and circumstances that we are choosing to grow from.
This past week we took the time to talk about what improvements we want to make as a couple and for our family, what long term goals we want to obtain, and how we can grow personally in 2017. It was such an edifying conversation and we look forward to implementing new goals and traditions into our marriage and family life this year.
We love how this month started on a Sunday – it truly seems like a fresh start and a new beginning. Our overarching goal this month is to successfully complete the Whole30. Peter has had severe eczema since his birth and nothing has been able to heal it. We decided to go on the Whole30 diet when his pediatrician told us his eczema is probably due to a food intolerance, something that he is getting from breast milk. We are motivated to complete this together and we cannot wait to see how our health as a family will improve this month!
January 2017 Family Goals
– successfully complete Whole30
– reach out to someone who lives alone or is lonely
– wake up with the alarm
– complete some revisions for PhD (Mike)
– focus on the first virtue of the twelve virtues
– attend our young adult group each week
– make and stick to a schedule for Peter’s day
– exercise (at least) three days a week for twenty minutes
– sign up for a race (Claire)
– join our selected parish
– M & C