Peter is soaking up every move we make! We have established a great morning routine over the past month. We eat breakfast, listen and dance to music, do morning chores, get dressed, play together, read a few books, and then it is nap time! This morning he was dancing and sing-yelling along to the music. Ten months is my favorite age yet!
I told Mike that it is amazing to see Peter become more independent each day. Yet, at the same time he is still so dependent on us. As I was putting him asleep this morning for his nap, he wrapped his arms so gently around my neck as he fell asleep. My heart completely melted! It truly is the best feeling.
I shared this list on Instagram a few months ago, and it came to mind this morning as I was holding Peter. We want to teach him so many things in life. And, because he is soaking up and mimicking each action we do, I know we must live out what we desire to teach him every day. Parenthood is an incredible vocation – one I often feel so unworthy of! Today, I am praying for the grace to teach Peter the path to sanctity and holiness.
Things I Want To Teach Peter Karol
– Always put God first.
– Love thyself, love thy neighbor.
– Being outside, reveling in God’s glory is one of the greatest gifts.
– Be adventurous and fully alive!
– True strength lies in gentleness and humility.
– Give your time to the lonely and the poor.
– Cultivate deep relationships.
– Be true to who God made you.
– Be a lifelong learner.
– Wisdom > Knowledge
– Take care of your health.
– Be a steward of creation.
– Traveling is good for your soul.
– There is merit in suffering.