Since we began dating, Mike and I discuss ways in which we desire to grow and flourish as individuals and together as a couple. At the beginning of every month, we set monthly goals, both big and small, and work together to accomplish them. It is beautiful to see how our goals, desires, and dreams have transformed over the past three years of knowing each other.
Establishing monthly goals allows us to create meaning, intention, and focus each day. We feel much more energetic and motivated as we look forward to growing as individuals and as a family. We want to be the best versions of ourselves for God, for ourselves, and for one another. Setting goals is a way to accomplish this.
We are so excited for this month of February! It is such a beautiful month this year. We get to celebrate Valentine’s Day (one of our favorite holidays!) and Lent. I love how these two special days begin on the same day! I think it is so romantic! The King of our hearts is inviting us to begin the most beautiful love story with Him!
On February 11th, the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, we are making our consecration to Divine Mercy! For the past few weeks, we have been preparing for this day by reading the book, ‘33 Days to Merciful Love‘ by Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC. This book is changing our life! Our hearts are flooded with joy and peace. Please read it!
What are your goals this month? In what ways do you desire to grow as a person? Know of our daily prayers for each of you. May your month be filled with joy and love!
February 2018 Family Goals
- Write and record more music (Mike).
- Continue praying a family rosary each evening.
- Plan an anti-trafficking sale with friends.
- Finalize our Lenten plans.
- Make our consecration to Divine Mercy on the Feast Day of Our Lady of Lourdes and celebrate her special day!
- Celebrate Mardi Gras and Valentine’s Day.
- Visit the library once a week with Peter.
- Continue to be faithful to our family rhythm and rule.
- Finish my embroidery project (Claire).
- Make beeswax candles.